Click on a chosen question to get an answer. If there’s anything else you’d like to know, please contact us.
- How do I know your software will add value to my company?
- Who owns the rights to the source code?
- How do I know what’s going on as the project progresses?
- Is the code documented?
- How do you ensure quality?
- What processes do you use?
- How much will you charge me?
- What is your team like?
- Do you write code in English?
- Is outsourcing or nearshoring a right choice for my company?
- Nearshoring, Offshoring, IT Outsourcing – what’s all that?
1. How do I know your software will add value to my company?
What sets us apart from other development companies is the meticulous preparation and business analysis that lets us really understand the inner workings of your company. This results in software that fits your business naturally, streamlining and solving real operational issues. We have proven, time and time again, that the clever application of the latest technologies can transform businesses from all industries. If you’re looking for some good examples, just take a look at our rich Experience – or Contact Us directly.
2. Who owns the rights to the source code?
All rights stay with you. This includes documentation, source code, binaries etc. – it is all a part of what we deliver to our clients. You can rest assured everything that belongs to you will be handed over.
3. How do I know what is going on as the project progresses?
All types of project information (such as the requirements, design documentation, user documentation, tasks, and defects) are available 24/7 in our Project Information System (or any other tool of your choice). Additionally, every project has an assigned Project Manager who is your direct contact and keeps you updated. If you don’t have time to check progress regularly, you’ll get weekly reports from us summarizing all executed activities. Here you can learn more about How we work with our customers.
4. Is the code documented?
A project is never thought to be complete until proper documentation is provided. We believe it is our professional responsibility to deliver clean and well-documented code. It also helps us in future projects or to enhance functionality if required.
5. How do you ensure quality?
We implement the Software Quality Assurance (SQA) process at every phase of the development cycle. Our QA team employs a multitude of testing approaches, including cutting edge automated solutions – you can read more about our QA practices here.
6. What processes do you use?
We want our projects to move forward efficiently and without obstacles, so we invest enough time in proper planning to create a clear roadmap, plan and often a simple prototype. Further on, we keep you updated about the project status and give you a constant access to deliverables.
For the sake of time and quality control, we utilise iterative development according to the Agile & Scrum methodologies. Every single project gets divided into small, measurable chunks that are delivered during the so-call “sprints.” Our developers and testers make sure that they constitute fully working elements of the final application.
7. How much will you charge me?
We charge according to the development effort we both agree on in the first place. There are two popular pricing models:
- Resource Allocation Model – you provide high-level requirements, then we estimate time and resources needed to carry out your project. All further changes made to the requirements are included in the project’s scope along the way, and the plan is modified accordingly. The resources used are billed on a monthly basis.
- Fixed Price Model – you provide all the requirements. We estimate the time and resources needed and propose a fixed price. A project plan is made and the payments are linked to important deliverables.
8. What is your team like?
We are a bunch of enthusiastic software creators with an intense passion for understanding and solving implementation problems. Our employees are mostly graduates from the best technical universities in Poland. No matter what project challenge is involved, we remain flexible, creative and dedicated. You can read more about Our Team here.
9. Do you write code in English?
All code is written in English. All of us speak English and have good face to face and virtual communication skills, as you’ll learn when working with a team leader or reviewing blueprints prepared by the team. We always make sure that you feel comfortable and get on well with all the team members.
10. Is outsourcing or nearshoring a right choice for my company?It may be if you tend to ask yourself:
- Are my resources being utilised effectively?
- Is my IT department large and skilled enough to provide a solution better than what my competitors use?
- Can my IT department enhance our corporate financial goals?
- Does my IT department support our business direction?
- Is my current team capable of supporting new technology?
- Is there a quicker, more effective method to handle software development or testing?
- Are 40% savings real; what are the after-shock effects?
Outsourcing used to be all about improving financial performance of troubled organisations. Today it has evolved to be a preferred method of doing business by companies for numerous reasons.
11. Nearshoring, Offshoring, IT Outsourcing – what’s all that?
In the general, IT outsourcing means hiring somebody outside your company to provide you with IT services. Such a partner has to have people who can work closely with your staff to understand your unique business problems – which is what we’re best at. Nearshore Outsourcing refers to software developed at a nearshore location, a facility connected with your company via high-speed data communication links to allow engineers and managers communicate on a real-time basis. PGS Software is a nearshore location for all European countries.
Offshore Outsourcing refers to software developed on the other side of the globe. Regardless of the distance, you can always monitor development and project milestones, keeping an eye on both quality and progress. PGS Software would be an offshore location to most countries outside of Europe.