Migrating a Leading FinTech Brand to the Cloud
A world-leading FinTech company struggled with an aging system that threatened their strong market position. To help them remain competitive, we migrated their systems and boosted their speed of introducing new features by 869%.
Scroll down for more
We focused on two key issues – refreshing the client’s technology and guiding their internal team to handle the new systems by themselves.
- Thanks to dropping legacy servers in favor of Cloud hosting, the client achieved a 30% cost reduction.
- With the power of serverless, the time to introduce new features dropped from the initial 6-12 month to just 6 weeks – and all that with a 99,995% reliability and unlimited scaling for new system components.
- The company’s Technology Maturity Index sky-rocketed from just 2 to a satisfying 8, empowering the client to retain his market-leader position.
- And with the newly gained competencies, the client’s in-house team was fully equipped to maintain the new Cloud solution without further external help.
Results by Numbers
time to market
2 to 8
Technology Maturity Index
from 2 to 8
In 2016, the company noticed huge constraints in their systems due to technical debt.
- These limitations contributed towards limited scaling, poor flexibility (adding new features took 6-12 months) and the rising threat of losing competitive advantage.
- To maintain their strong position in the market, the company needed to thoroughly refresh their technology.
- With the Cloud becoming an increasing necessity – being used in particular by younger FinTechs that can scale quicker – the company decided to migrate to an off-site solution as well.
I am glad that as a result of our cooperation with PGS Software, we have not only adopted a Cloud native approach to our development strategy, but have also upskilled our team, fueling a culture of innovation in the organization.
— the Client
AWS Multi-Account Architecture, CICD, AWS Cloud, Serverless, Multiple Regions, Infrastructure as Code
AWS Lambda, API Gateway, Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon Workspaces, Amazon Aurora
Python, Jenkins, Gitlab, Terraform
1 Python Developer, 1 Cloud QA, 1 Solutions Architect, 3 DevOps Engineers, 1 Delivery Manager, 1 Business Analyst
About the Client
A global FinTech brand. Their intelligent and specialized approach to online payments is transforming the way customers pay.
Need a software solution?
Don’t hesitate to get in touch via the form below or at:
+48 71 798 2692
Let us know what you’re looking for.