(English) Incremental search engine built using AWS
(English) PGS Software used AWS to develop a highly performant search as you type engine for a widely recognised British multinational grocery and general merchandise retailer.
Scroll down for more
(English) The PGS Software team developed a highly functional search as you type engine, which generates entire sets of search results in the form of suggestions that make it easier – and much faster – for the user to find what they’re looking for.
- It can manage up to 1,300 transactions per second within (and not exceeding) 50 milliseconds
- It only takes 15 milliseconds for search result suggestions to pop up
- Using Amazon Web Services significantly lowered costs
- AWS-hosted infrastructure & microservices greatly increased release speed
- The Continuous Delivery approach resulted in zero-downtime deployments
- The performance never wavers – equally fast and effective in high & low traffic times
- Easily customised to meet the needs of the Client’s various business partners and suppliers
- The application’s features are virtually bug-free & available 100% of the time
(English) The Client was looking to develop an incremental search engine, which would browse through tens of thousands of products in real-time, suggesting results and correcting typos as the user types.
(English) The Client knew that by introducing the new search engine into their operations they would propel their business forward and increase overall turnover; however, they were facing a resourcing issue and lacked a skilled software development team who would develop the engine.
(English) AWS Cloud, Scrum, Continuous Delivery, Agile, Code Review, Automated Testing, Peer Programming
(English) Java 8, Vertx.io, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Junit with Mockito, Hazelcast, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, Gatling, Cucumber, Amazon VPC, Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon S3, Amazon SQS, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon RDS
(English) Splunk, GitHub, Jenkins, Sonar, Ansible, AWS CloudFormation, Jira, Confluence
(English) 5 backend engineers, 1 automation QA specialist, 1 Project Manager/Scrum Master
About the Client
(English) The Client is a British multinational grocery and general merchandise retailer. They are one of the largest retailers in the world and have stores in multiple countries, across two continents.
Need a software solution?
Don’t hesitate to get in touch via the form below or at:
+48 71 798 2699
Let us know what you’re looking for.